ReCode Therapeutics, a genetic drug platform with targeted delivery and pipeline of mRNA and gene correction therapies, announced that it has formed a Scientific Advisory Board and added Scientific Advisor Elliott Sigal, MD, Ph.D.
ReCode has offices in Dallas and Menlo Park, California.
Chaired by Daniel J. Siegwart, Ph.D., the inaugural board members are Rafael Amado, MD, Carrolee Barlow, MD, Ph.D., Justin Hanes, Ph.D., and Eric Olson, Ph.D. Advisors will work closely with management to support ReCode’s expansion of the capabilities of its Selective Organ Targeting (SORT) lipid nanoparticle (LNP) platform and advance its pipeline.
“We are honored and privileged to bring together this esteemed group of medical and scientific advisors who will work with us to shape ReCode’s genetic drug pipeline,” Shehnaaz Suliman, MD, MBA, M.Phil., CEO and Board Member of administration of ReCode Therapeutics.
“These thought leaders bring considerable expertise in genetic medicine, delivery technology and drug development,” added Suliman, “which will be invaluable as we expand our differentiated platform into new areas, including muscle, central nervous system, liver and oncology indications, and advancing our core mRNA programs for primary ciliary dyskinesia and cystic fibrosis into the clinic in 2023.”
Founding members of ReCode’s SAB include:
- Board Chairman Siegwart is the W. Ray Wallace Distinguished Chair in Molecular Oncology Research and Associate Professor in the Department of Biochemistry at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, and co-founder of ReCode Therapeutics.
- Amado is executive vice president of research and development at Allogene Therapeutics Inc. He most recently served as president of research and development at Adaptimmune Therapeutics PLC, after serving as its chief medical officer.
- Barlow was most recently the Chief Medical Officer of Escape Bio, Inc. Prior to joining Escape Bio, she served as CEO of Parkinson’s Institute and Clinical Center. Barlow also served as interim chief medical officer at Amicus Therapeutics and was co-founder, chief scientific officer and chief medical officer of BrainCells Inc.
- Hanes is the Lewis J. Ort Professor of Ophthalmology at Johns Hopkins University’s Wilmer Eye Institute, with secondary appointments in chemical and biomolecular engineering, environmental health sciences, neurosurgery, and oncology. A globally recognized leader in research at the interface of nanotechnology and medicine, Hanes focuses his research on genetic drug delivery, mucus characterization and design, and testing of nanoparticles capable of penetrating barriers. mucus.
- Olson is the founding chairman of the Department of Molecular Biology at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. He also directs the Hamon Center for Regenerative Science and Medicine and the Wellstone Center for Muscular Dystrophy Research.
New Scientific Advisor
Elliott Sigal, MD, Ph.D., ReCode’s newest Scientific Advisor, is Co-Chair of the Scientific Advisory Board of Amgen Inc. and Senior Advisor to New Enterprise Associates, Inc. He is a member of the Board of Directors of Adaptimmune Therapeutics , Vir Biotechnology, Surface Oncology, Tessera Therapeutics and Affinia Therapeutics.
In June, the biopharmaceutical startup closed a $120 million extension of a funding round it raised last year to help bring its core programs to human trials and “keep the science to target new diseases.
Join the list.
Dallas innovates, every day.
Sign up to keep an eye on what’s new and coming to Dallas-Fort Worth, every day.
#ReCode #Therapeutics #Announces #Scientific #Advisory #Board #Scientific #Advisor